Our students learn through a wide variety of interactive and experiential instruction including activities such as:
- Grade 1 Grismer World Tours
- Grade 3 Laura Ingalls Wilder Day
- Grade 4 Tour the state capital
- Grade 6 Mythology skits
- Grade 6 Notepad business to learn about economics
- Grade 7 Medieval Feast
- Grade 7 and 8 “Finance Park” partnership with Junior Achievement
- Grade 8 Savings account and touring a bank
- Grade 8 Trip to Washington, D.C. culminating lessons about our state and national government
At St. Mary Parish School, our Social Studies education:
- Reaches beyond the acquisition of useful information.
- Develops judgment and perspective in students when it focuses upon broad, significant themes and questions rather than short-lived memorization of facts without context.
- Reflects the multicultural dimension of our society and our connections with a global world order.
- Follows Wisconsin Social Studies Standards.
- Includes “whole cultural explorations” with cross-curricular connections like literature stories, math and money systems, and fine arts.
- Emphasizes current events.
- Incorporates technology, research, mapwork and games.
How will your child thrive at St. Mary Parish School? Contact us to take a closer look at our school and explore all the possibilities.