- Students need to be able to use a wide variety of technological tools to enhance their future success as students and workers.
- It is imperative for all students to have access to information via technology as a basis for lifelong learning.
- It is essential for all learners, including educators, to process and manage information through the skillful use of technology.
- Skillful use of technology supports the development of process skills such as flexibility, adaptability, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration, which are essential to success in our rapidly changing information age.
- Technology allows us to better serve the diverse learning styles of our students and educate them for a wider range of intelligences (verbal/linguistic, musical, logical, mathematical, visual/spatial, bodily/kinesthetic, interpersonal, interpersonal).
- Our schools must prepare students for today’s workplace and the workplace of the future.
Through generous donations and grants, St. Mary is fortunate to have 20 iPads, a 30-seat computer lab recently outfitted with new flat-screen monitors and 11 SMARTBoards located in 1st through 8th grade classrooms, in the music room and in the science lab. Even our youngest students are blessed with technology advancements as illustrated by our K5 classes and their use of a Mimio Interactive Mobile Station.
Highly-rated online educational resources and software tools are utilized and integrated in many ways throughout the students’ lessons, bringing the intrigue and sophistication of technology to the fingertips of each child. Students also have access to the computer lab and at least one computer per classroom for classwork and to practice the skills they’re learning.
We’d love to show you how we can help prepare your child for our world of technology. Schedule a tour of our school.