Effective technology integration is achieved when its use supports curricular goals. At St. Mary Parish School, we promote learning with technology tools and our technology integration philosophy is founded on the following beliefs:
- Students need to be able to use a wide variety of technological tools to enhance their future success as students and workers.
- It is imperative for all students to have access to information via technology as a basis for lifelong learning.
- It is essential for all learners, including educators, to process and manage information through the skillful use of technology.
- Skillful use of technology supports the development of process skills such as flexibility, adaptability, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration, which are essential to success in our rapidly changing information age.
- Technology allows us to better serve the diverse learning styles of our students and educate them for a wider range of intelligences (verbal/linguistic, musical, logical, mathematical, visual/spatial, bodily/kinesthetic, interpersonal, interpersonal).
- Our schools must prepare students for today’s workplace and the workplace of the future.
Through generous donations and grants, St. Mary is fortunate to have iPads, a 30-seat computer lab, SMARTBoards, robotics, and Chromebooks available to our students. Students in grades 6-8 experience a 1-to-1 learning environment. Even our youngest students are blessed with technology advancements.
Highly-rated online educational resources and software tools are utilized and integrated in many ways throughout the students’ lessons, bringing the intrigue and sophistication of technology to the fingertips of each child.
We’d love to show you how we can help prepare your child for the world of technology. Schedule a tour of our school.